As a matter of fact, In order to extend ntfs system partition, you don’t need to restart the computer with the help of Partition Assistant. And before I show you how it works I would like to keep you informed about the basic knowledge of NTFS System Partition below:
Now we would like to share some of the case studies to explain why you can extend NTFS system partition without restarting your computer. It’s really helpful for you. Please read on.
There are two partitions on the Disk 1. One is system partition and another data partition next to system partition. Assume partition C is system drive, partition D is next to drive C.
1. To extend ntfs system partition without reboot computer, you need to close all applications running on the drive D: first, and then launch Partition Assistant. The following is the situation of the disk.
2. Right click the partition D: and select the menu "move/resize" option.
3. In the Resize and Move dialog, move the mouse pointer to the left edge of the partition. Please drag mouse to change partition size when the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow.
4. Click "Ok". Partition layout preview will display an unallocated space is created between drive C and drive D.
5. Right the drive C:, and select the menu "Resize" option, which will open the following dialog. You need to move the mouse pointer to the left edge of the partition, and drag mouse to change drive C: size when the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow.
6. On the above screen click "OK", you will see the drive C: is extended from 17GB to 26.90GB. Besides, the two operations have added to Pending Operations list.
7. Click the "Apply" on the toolbar, and click "Proceed" to extend ntfs system partition with no required reboot computer.